Friday, July 27, 2007

Belt It Out!

Can you believe that summer is almost over? I'm barely done gulping (not sipping) my brandy cocktail while enjoying the sea breeze being pumped in by um... the air conditioner at my local Hell's Kitchen bar and suddenly I realize that August is right around the corner and the summer is fading away so quickly. With the upcoming fall season sneaking up behind us to say, "Boo, I'm back!", it's no surprise that we're starting to see more length in shirts, dresses, sweaters and coats. But what's new with these is what's happening around the waistline.

Belted looks are back people and hotter than ever. I'm not talking about the low rise, low waist belted style that we recently witnessed these past seasons. I'm talking about back to the basics, above the hip bone, waist-line belted looks. You'll want to stock up on some fab belts this coming season.

So, all you shop-a-holics, fashionistas and style divas I give you permission to go out and buy that Marc Jacobs ostrich belt and that to-die-for Fendi belt with the giant faceted stone look buckle- you know the one, and while you're at it why not pick up the Burberry black patent leather multi buckle belt too. You know you need it! Happy shopping!