Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hang Me Up To Dry















It's raining pretty hard in the city this morning. When I got up I wasn't sure what the heck to wear. I threw on the easiest thing I could find, a very loose fitting charcoal grey sweater that falls just above the knee, a pair of dark brown leggings and my brown leather boots. I'm not feeling the rain, but it puts me in the mood for some rain music so I turned on The Flaming Lips' "Rainin Babies" on my iphone for my taxi ride to work.    

What I'm thinking is so delicate
If I breathe, you know, I'm gonna lose it
It's just a drop in the biggest ocean I know I've ever seen
And in a moment it's big enough to drown the whole world

Later today I'll mix in some non "rain" related music and I'll follow that up with "Right as Rain" by Adelle and maybe throw in "Umbrella" by Rihanna. "Black Rain" by Ozzy? "November Rain" by Guns & Roses, "Rain Dogs" by Tom Waits. How about a little "Heads Will Roll" by the Yeah Yeah Yeah's. Let's not forget "Purple Rain" by Prince and "The Rain Song" by Led Zeppelin. Throw in "Down by the Water" by PJ Harvey and "Hang Me Up To Dry" by Cold War Kids. I'll end the day with "Weird Fishes" by Radiohead off their In Rainbows album. Whatever gets me through this day right?