Saturday, January 23, 2010

Small Cash For Cashmere


































So this past thursday, after work I stopped into the J.Crew sample sale and picked up a couple of items off the racks.

My latest purchase included a cropped cashmere pullover sweater and a twill skirt. The sweater is a rust brown color with pintuck pleated front, and rhinestone button detail on the sleeve cuff, pretty and feminine. The cost was $30 which is great considering cashmere sweaters of this quality that have interesting details usually cost over $150. I wore it to work and to dinner yesterday because I couldn't wait. I paired it with a black pleated miniskirt, opaque tights and brown booties. Got alot of compliments on it.

The twill miniskirt I bought is a khaki grey stretch cotton blend that I plan to wear in the spring. It cost $15.

I also picked up a dark brown cashmere cotton sweater with half zip front with leather pulltab for my better half, cost $30, a very good price. Total spent about $105.

So far their best selection was in the womens tops, sweaters and dresses. I wasn't that impressed with the selection of handbags and the same goes for the mens shirts since there wasn't a variety of sizes, mostly mediums. Shoes and boots were nice looking and priced well but I couldn't find anything that didn't look like items I already had. If I have time today I'll stop by again and see if they've brought in anything new, today is the last sale day.