Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Small Indulgences




































































My latest score is a brand new "Angel" messenger bag in dark grey by Francesco Biasia pictured above (pardon the fuzzy iphone pics). It is part of the Biasia fall/winter 2009-2010 collection. Found this gem at the Shoe-Inn Warehouse Sale today. Details include:
  • genuine polished italian calf leather
  • gunmetal colored hardware
  • 2 exterior side slip pockets
  • 1 large exterior zip pocket
  • top zip closure
  • dual handles
  • cross body strap for versatility
  • lined with a graphic print material
  • 1 large interior zip pocket
  • 2 interior slip pockets.
On the Francesco Biasia website the original retail cost is over $478.00, marked down to $286.80. On Zappos' website the original retail cost is $482.00 marked down to $347.00. I paid just under $200.00, with no shipping costs. Well worth it in my opinion.

The reason I chose this one? I've been thinking about getting a messenger style bag for some time because as the cold weather remains and as February snow days and the threat of icey sidewalks loom, I wanted a bag that would keep my hands free when I'm navigating around the city. It has nice detailing and has a touch of "slouch." Not to mention that longer hangbag straps are back in vogue. This was exactly what I needed. The grey leather works well with just about any color, the leather is soft and the bag is spacious enough for all my necessities, a magazine, paperwork or an extra sweater. I'm excited to wear it to work tomorrow!

Also find it here: http://www.zappos.com/francesco-biasia-angel-large-messenger-grey
And here: http://shop.biasia.com/biasia/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=1001&pf_id=fb13119%2D084&id_valore1=115&id_valore2=&id_valore3=&id_valore4=&id_valore5=